Review of last years goals…
1) Cross train at least one day a week.
–>So spinning lasted a few months-until track started, I did start biking this summer and realized I like it, and I did start doing yoga…so I’d say that was mostly successful.
2) Beat my yearly half marathon number. Last year I ran 4. This year I’d like to run at least 5.
–>Even with my first DNF race ever (Dances With Dirt Half Marathon), I managed to race seven half marathons this year and earn an unintentional PR! Success.
3) Explore local races I’ve never done before.
–>In addition to getting to race in many places this year, I did try out 5 new races in my area. Loved doing that. Success
4) Continue lifting one to two times per week. I don’t like doing it, but I like it after.
–>Epic fail! Once I quit prepping for my PR marathon, so too ended the lifting. Other than a brief reinstatement while I was injured and couldn’t run, this goal was not achieved.
5) Do bodyfit five days a week.
6) Complete my double weekend (1/2 marathon and full marathon on Sat. and Sun.) in February with minimal setback in training.
–>Done! And with a positive experience that left me wanting to do it again.
7) Start making smoothies with veggies and fruits.
–> Juicer bought as anniversary gift. We tried many flavors and mixtures this year with many more to go!
8) Read more.
–> Not sure. I don’t think this happened. I sure had good intentions though. I have five books right now just waiting to be read.
9) Qualify for Boston.
–> Didn’t happen, but I came close (missed new qualifying standard by 1:36). In my second training attempt I badly sprained my ankle so there was not a second chance this year. I will accomplish this goal one day.
10) Enjoy the simple things.
–> Maybe?! Sometimes I did this, but far too often I get caught up in life and forget to slow down. Still a work in progress.
Tomorrow’s post…my 2014 goals. I’ve got some good ones!