So instead of telling you why you should run this week, I’m simply reminding you of how you will feel if you don’t. In the end not running will fill you with regret, sadness, and most likely more stress. Last Wednesday I did the whole make excuses and waver back and forth thing. I decided not to run, then decided to go, before deciding not to go. Then realizing if I’d had gone when I first thought about running, I’d almost be back sent me over the edge. I was a crying mess and I spent the night feeling guilty. The decision could have been so easy, but I chose to complicate things. Quit trying to talk yourself out of it. Stop the regret. Don’t let guilt fill your night. Just go run! You’ll be so glad you did!
Need a gift for a runner? Any runner would love these ten things!
1. Pro Compression Socks-One of my favorite brands to run in. ($50-usually can find coupon codes online for 30-40% off)
2. Randies by Oiselle-These look so fun! ($48)
3. Stainless Steele Water Bottle-Great way to encourage and remind you to drink enough water. ($18)
4. Sweaty Bands-My go to running headbands ($18)
5. GU-My only fueling strategy for long runs (Box of 8/$11.60 or Box of 24/$31.50-again look for deals on certain sites)
6. Running iPhone Case-So cute, love! ($25)
7. Garmin 220-Seriously want! Why doesn’t Ryan read this blog. ($250)
8. Brooks Winter Running Jacket-Best way to get winter runs in is have the right clothes. You get what you pay for. ($150)
9. Yak Traks-A must for winter running in the midwest. ($30-40)
10. Nuun-Best way to rehydrate on runs. ($20 for 4 pack)